So you want to become a referee? Great! The first step on the refereeing journey is taking the Level 1 Officiating course. Before you can register, there are a few things taken care of. You are going to need the following information:
- Your USA Rugby membership number.
- The email that you have registered with USA Rugby membership system (Webpoint)
- Your password for the USA Rugby membership system (Webpoint)
Note: If you register as part of a State-Based Rugby Organization (like Rugby Montana), contact your coach, club administrator, or firstname.lastname@example.org to get your membership number.
Now that you have this information, you can work on your prerequisites:
- Take the online World Rugby law exam found at http://laws.worldrugby.org/. When you register with World Rugby, use your email that you have registered with USA Rugby. When you have completed the law exam, download the certificate.
- Work through World Rugby’s Rugby Ready program found at http://rugbyready.worldrugby.org/.Use the same email you previously registered with USA Rugby and World Rugby (for you law exam). When you have completed the course, download the certificate.
- Work through the WR Concussion Management for the General Public module found at http://www.playerwelfare.worldrugby.org/?documentid=module&module=2. Use the same email you previously registered with USA Rugby and World Rugby (for you law exam). When you have completed the course, download the certificate.
- Work through the USOC & USA Rugby Safesport Course at https://education.usarugby.org/safesport/) Use your USA Rugby membership number and password.
After you have completed all the prerequisites, go to https://webpoint.usarugby.org/wp15/Events2/Events.wp?evt_CategoryID=10, find the course you want to take, and sign up using the participant registration button. You'll be asked to log in to USA Rugby's Webpoint system.
Then email any certificates you downloaded to email@example.com
And you're done and registered! See you at the course!